This screen will automatically refresh to the search page. click here to go there now
Welcome to the MUSEUM OF OSTEOPATHIC MEDICINE SM and International Center for Osteopathic History (ICOH.) Our mission is to collect, preserve, and make available artifacts and related materials to communicate the history and philosophy of the osteopathic principles of body, mind, and spirit to a global audience.
The collections of the Museum of Osteopathic Medicine SM and International Center for Osteopathic History include more than 50,000 objects, photographs, documents, and books dating from the early 1800s to the present (bulk 1870-1940). The core of the collection consists of artifacts from A. T. Still's professional and private life, most of them donated by Dr. Still's daughter, Blanche Laughlin, and members of her family.
Since the founding of the Museum, other family members, D.O.s and Museum supporters have donated many additional artifacts that reflect the ongoing history of the osteopathic profession. The research collections of the International Center for Osteopathic History also include many former holdings of the ATSU-KCOM Library's special collections, for which the museum assumed responsibility in 1997.
This website is produced in association with grants from the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS,) Museums for American Grant. MA-05-09-0056-09 and MA-05-11-0001-11
WARNING: This site contains images which may be disturbing to younger viewers. Viewer Discretion is advised.
Please contact the Museum if you have questions regarding any of the artifacts, documents or images from our online site at firstname.lastname@example.org